Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Day 1 !

Forgive me for not writing yesterday - it was the first day and extremely exhausting.

I woke up at 6:00 and arrived at school at 7:30.

We went over rules and procedures, gave out class numbers, talked about manners, established folders for different tasks and took up supplies. I taught a lesson introducing cursive and a social studies lesson making a coat of arms for each student. I never would have thought that students would be so excited about learning cursive! They kept asking when they would learn more - they were super duper excited which was encouraging.

I stayed at school until 5:00 to help plan for next week's lesson with my teacher and another 3rd grade teacher. I went to bed at 10:00. Yeah, long day, but great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment